Saturday 12 June 2010

Google Calendar

I'm an on-off user of Google Calendar. Theoretically, the fact that you can't forget to take it with you, the ability to create repeating events, the fact you can instantly overlay your calendar and any number of others, and the fact that it can seamlessly integrate with other applications ought to make it the clear winner over the paper diary, which (if small enough) retains only the advantage that you can take it with you even when you go somewhere there isn't any internet (!). But it's never really clicked for organizing my personal life, for some reason which I have yet to put my finger on.

There's a book called "The myth of the paperless office" (0262194643, 026269283X) which sadly I have only read enough of to know that it would be really interesting to read the whole of. It might contain the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment