Saturday 12 June 2010

Doodle

I've just used Doodle to ask my wife out on a date. She might say yes, she might not.

Doodle seems like a pretty good solution to scheduling, especially if you pay for some of the extra features like auto-reminders. It reminds me of Lotus Notes, which I used when I worked at a county council. Being an organization-internal system it had the advantage that you could literally line everyone's calendars up in a stack and it would highlight places where there were gaps. You could get pretty close to that with Google Calendar I should think.

4 comments:

  1. I want to know if she said yes ... ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we want to know. The light bulb went on! It sounded like such a fantastic idea that I asked my 17-year-old daughter to fill in when she might have time to bring down the cups and plates from her bedroom and load them in the dishwasher. And she was to be reminded every 10 minutes. She hasn't done it, and isn't speaking to me, but I'm sure there's an explanation

    ReplyDelete
  3. She hasn't played the game! You will be pleased to know she did say yes, but she couldn't be bothered with Doodle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps your daughter is no doubt simply doing too much homework.

    ReplyDelete